Terms & Conditions
COVID-19 PANDEMIC PLAYER CONSENT
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19. The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to person contact. As a result, state, and local governments and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. IJGT/GJGT has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, IJGT/GJGT cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending to events could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19. I confirm that I am not presenting any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 listed here: Fever, Shortness of Breath, Loss of Sense of Taste or Smell, Dry Cough, Runny Nose, Sore Throat. By signing/submitting this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending any event and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at an event may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, program coaches, volunteers, other participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at the event (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless IJGT/GJGT, its owners, directors, coaches, volunteers, of and from the claims, including all liabilities. Claims, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of IJGT/GJGT , its owners, directors, coaches, volunteers whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in organization functions/events.
All IJGT Golf Tournament events are subject to the Refund Policy, as it may be amended from time to time. All cancellations are subject to processing fees. Please be sure to read the Refund Policy for the event in which you are registering for in its entirety. Events that are completed but shortened due to weather conditions or other circumstances beyond the control of IJGT are not subject to any refund.
Participation during tournament play, award presentations, opening ceremonies, family nights, or other events, whether as a player, spectator, or caddie, can be dangerous. Dangerous weather includes lightning, hail, hurricane, earthquake, and tornadoes. A player may discontinue playing if he believes there is danger from these conditions or other good reasons such as illness. Seek shelter or medical help when these conditions arise. Bad weather is not a reason to discontinue play. Bad weather includes rain, wind, and temperature extremes. Please be aware of others near you at all times on the course, practice area, and during other activities related to the event. Being struck with a club can cause serious injury or death. When riding in a golf cart, please read and follow the manufacturer’s safety notices at all times. Riding in a cart can cause serious injury or death. By signing this waiver, I agree to follow the Cart Policy, as it may be amended from time to time. You may get struck by a ball hit by someone else. This may cause serious injury or death. You may use a cell phone to call for medical help at any time during the event.
The Role of the Caddie:
A caddie is defined as one who assists the player in accordance with the rules, which may include carrying or handling the player's clubs during play. Being familiar with the Rules of Golf is a key means by which you can assist your players. It is recommended that all caddies have a rulebook. If you are not sure of the proper procedure in any given situation, you should call for a rules official to assist you or, in cases where an official is not available, play a second ball under rule 3-3.
IJGT Golf Caddie Policies:
All players eight years old and younger must be accompanied by a caddie thirteen years or older. All players are encouraged to have caddies to help them play their best. IJGT Golf demands the highest standards of behavior from both caddies and participants to make all events more enjoyable. It is also vital for caddies not to over coach and to have their player hit each shot within a reasonable amount of time, and not to be disruptive to any player or caddie in the group. If a caddie becomes disruptive, the caddie will be warned of the problem. If the problem continues the caddie will be dismissed as a caddie from that event and will not be allowed to caddie in any other events for the remainder of the year. The conduct of caddies will be monitored by all IJGT Golf Officials and by other caddies and players in the group. The IJGT Golf Tournament Director will have the final decision on any incident that occurs.
Pace of Play:
Each player must play without undue delay, which is defined as taking no more than 45 seconds to play a shot. Those players who are first to play from a given area (tee, fairway, green, etc.) will have ten extra seconds to play their shot. Caddies are asked to please refrain from over-coaching the player. It is the caddie's duty to help the player hit each shot within a reasonable period of time. A group will be deemed to be out of position on the golf course when they are over time par. Time par is determined by each hole taking an average of 15 minutes to complete a hole and/or by staying up with the group in front. When it is determined that a group is out of place on the golf course the group will be warned and asked to speed up play. If the group continues to fall behind each member of the group will be timed. If a player takes more than the allotted time, he or she may be subject to a penalty. First offense: warning; Second offense: one stroke penalty; Subsequent offenses: score of ten on that hole. The 45-second rule is in place to assure playing without “undue delay” and to prevent over coaching and slow play.
IJGT Golf Code of Conduct for Parents and Spectators
Parents, caddies, and spectators have a great influence on children's enjoyment and success in golf as well as other sports. All children should find enjoyment in the game and it is important to remember that positive encouragement and support from adults and siblings will allow everyone to enjoy the youth sports experience and help build positive lasting memories.
Therefore, as an IJGT Golf Parent/Caddie/Spectator:
- I will make every effort to bring my child to tournaments and get them to the tee 10 minutes before their tee time.
- I will always promote fair play and never condone behavior contrary to the game of golf.
- I must encourage and guide my child to accept responsibility for his or her own behavior and performance.
- I recognize the value of committing to a tournament and will support my child in seeing through the commitment. I am aware of the impact of withdrawing from an event.
- I will applaud, compliment, and enjoy good play from both my child and other competitors.
- If I am not the caddie, I understand that I am not allowed to coach my child or carry equipment during the tournament.
- I will respect any official's decision and develop an understanding of the Rules of Golf.
- I will place the well-being, safety, and enjoyment of each child above all other considerations including performance and results.
- I will not use or tolerate inappropriate language.
- I must adhere to all the guidelines laid down by IJGT Golf and the host facility.
- I will enjoy kids learning and enjoying the game of golf.
Additional Caddie Responsibilities:
- I will count my player's clubs before the start of the round to make sure there are not more than 14.
- I will avoid over coaching my child during the tournament.
- I must adhere to all the guidelines laid down by the USGA Rules of Golf and IJGT.
- I will be familiar with the course, especially where the teeing ground is located.
- I will know the order of play on the tee.
- I will assure we are in a position to play when it is our turn to play. A player should never have to wait on a caddie.
- I will assure that bunkers are raked, divots replaced and ball marks repaired.
- If my player is the last to hole out, it is my responsibility to replace the flagstick.
- I will stay aware of our group's pace of play and if our group is out of position and/or overtime par. (A group is out of position if there is one open hole in the front.)
- I will keep my player's score separately on our own scorecard and have it available upon the conclusion of the round to double-check the official scorecard.
- I will witness my player signing his fellow competitor's scorecard and also his own. I will remain in the scoring area until I know my player has signed his own card and that the fellow competitor has signed it as well. A player is not responsible for the addition on the scorecard, only the accuracy of the score on each hole.
- I will keep a positive attitude!
- A positive caddie is worth keeping!
BY ENTERING MY NAME, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER, I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, I AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED THEREIN, AND I VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT AND ASSUME THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE EVENT/ACTIVITY FOR WHICH I AM REGISTERING. I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP LEGAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND I SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT. I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I DECLINE TO SIGN THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER, I WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT/ACTIVITY.
The following policy applies to all IJGT Golf Tournament Players Association events. Please note that all deadlines are in IST Time Zone.
Local Tours, State Invitationals, Parent/Child
The membership fee for the Local Tour is nonrefundable.
Tournament No Show Policy
Players who are no longer able to attend an event must email [email protected] and notify the committee. Those players who fail to notify IJGT are documented as No Shows. A No Show leaves a hole in the field and prevents other players from entering the event off the waiting list. A first offense No Show will receive a warning and is documented. A second No Show during the calendar year will result in a loss of all Priority Status.
Medical/Emergency request submitted 5 or more days prior to the event
- The player will be removed from the event
- The processing fee will apply to all multi-day events
Medical/Emergency request submitted less than 5 days prior to the event
- The balance will be issued as a coupon code and may be used at any future IJGT event
- The player will be marked as a withdraw (WD)
In order for a refund or coupon code to be issued, documentation such as a doctor's note of medical or family emergency must be emailed ([email protected]) to the IJGT no later than one week after the first round of the tournament.
All Medical/Emergency withdraw requests must include the following information:
- Email Subject: Medical Withdraw
- Order Number
- Participants Name
- Local Tour (if applicable)
- Event Location
- Event Date
- Reason for Withdraw
Note: All medical coupons will be a one-time use coupon valid for the period of one year from the event date. To utilize the full amount, the coupon must be applied to a future tournament registration of equal or greater value.
Event canceled, postponed, or rescheduled
All efforts will be made to complete the round. If a tournament must be canceled and 9-hole players have completed five holes, and 18-hole players have completed nine holes, the round will be deemed sufficient and no refunds will be given.
If an event is canceled and will not be rescheduled:
- A full refund will be posted to your credit card
If an event is postponed and rescheduled:
Registration fees will automatically be transferred to the rescheduled date
Failure to follow the cancellation procedure
- Once an event begins, a withdraw for any reason other than illness, injury or family emergency may result in the suspension of playing in any LOCAL TOUR